Fire Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
The aftermath of a fire can be both hazardous and difficult to take care of. It is important to call your local fire cleanup experts in Round Rock for all your fire damage cleanup and restoration needs, no matter how big or small your loss might seem. Our team of highly trained technicians has the experience, equipment, and processes in place to handle a residential and commercial fire cleanup process, no matter the size!
While you wait for our SERVPRO of East Round Rock team to arrive at your property, take a second to review our Fire Damage Tips to learn more about what to do and what not to do after a fire!
Have Smoke or Fire Damage? Call (512) 851-1876
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.